Medical Dermatology Society encourages submission of original studies or observations that would be of interest to medical dermatologists. A select few abstracts will be selected for oral presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Medical Dermatology Society, which is held in conjunction with the AAD Annual Meeting. Abstracts not selected for oral presentation will be considered, but not guaranteed, for an online presentation. The remainder of abstract submissions will not be accepted.
ABSTRACT CATEGORIES AND DESCRIPTIONS
- Addresses scientific or clinical questions, with original data
- This category will be given preference at the time of selection
- Research that is complete at the time of submission will be given priority over interim analyses.
- With advanced teaching points that focus on a complex case and highlight significant learning points for an advanced audience of medical dermatologists
- This category will be considered with lower priority than the Clinical Research abstract submissions.
AUTHORS, PLEASE REVIEW ALL ABSTRACT GUIDELINES NOTED IN ADVANCE OF SUBMISSION
- Abstracts must be submitted through the MDS ABSTRACT SUBMISSION SITE to be considered
- Data published elsewhere, either online or in print by the abstract submission deadline will not be considered
- Data being submitted or presented at another session at the AAD Annual Meeting, within the same calendar year, will not be considered
- Interim analysis of a prospective clinical trial will be considered for the Clinical Research category only if it is performed as planned in the original protocol and is statistically valid
- Presentation at the MDS Annual Meeting must be consistent with what is described in the abstract
- All data collection and analysis must be completed by the time of presentation
- All research and studies that involve human and animal subjects reported in submitted abstracts must comply with the guiding principles for experimental procedures found in the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association
- Data of previously presented clinical trials may be submitted only if significant new information can be shown
- The abstract title, authorship, and content of the presentation at the MDS Annual Meeting must match that of the submitted abstract
- If selected, the submitting author will remain the contact and will be listed as the presenter in the printed program for the MDS Annual Meeting
- If an abstract is selected for an ORAL presentation, the submitting author MUST complete a disclosure for CME accreditation
- If an abstract is selected for an ORAL presentation, the submitting author will need to provide a draft of their presentation for review by the MDS Education and Programs Committee Chairs in advance of the MDS Annual Meeting: No later than Monday, March 7, 2022
- Abstract body limited to 3,000 characters, including spaces
- Title must have the first letter of the first word capitalized, all other letters are to be in lower case
- The author’s field must be filled out in the order you would like them listed.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRESENTING AUTHOR
- The first author listed for each abstract serves as the presenting author and as the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract
- The presenting author must be one of the co-authors listed on the submitted abstracts
- The presenting author is responsible for the following
- Ensuring that all authors have read the abstract and agreed to be co-authors
- Obtaining all the disclosure information from co-authors
- Forwarding all correspondences to all co-authors
- By submitting an abstract for consideration, if selected for an oral presentation, you will be available to present your abstract at the MDS Annual Meeting on Thursday, March 24, 2022, in Boston, Massachusetts
- If your abstract is NOT selected for an oral presentation, your submitted abstract will be considered for an on-line presentation on the MDS website
- On-line details will be provided to those abstracts that have been selected
- Accepted abstracts for oral and on-line presentations will be notified the week of Monday, January 31, 2022
- Only Abstracts submitted through the MDS ABSTRACT SUBMISSION SITE will be considered.
FORMAT FOR LISTING AUTHORS AND INSTITUTIONS
- The author’s field must be filled out in the order you would like them listed
- Changes to the order of authors or institutions will not be made by the MDS administrative office once submitted
- Institutions must be listed in order that correlates with the author as shown in the example below.
Author(s) Smith1, G.Jones2, C.Baran3, R.Parker1
Institution(s) 1-Harvard; 2-Emory, Yale; 3-Stanford
- Once an oral abstract has been accepted, if the author decides to withdraw the abstract for any reason, a written or email request must be submitted to the MDS office no later than Monday, February 7, 2022
- The MDS reserves the right to withdraw abstracts that are in violation of the Society’s policies and guidelines, such as those that have been previously published, have been deemed scientifically unsound, or have been found to include inaccurate data, etc.
SUBMITTING YOUR COMPLETED ABSTRACT
- Submit your completed and FINAL abstract here ~~~~ MDS ABSTRACT SUBMISSION SITE
- Abstracts will NOT be considered if forwarded to the MDS administrative office
AUTHORS MUST REGISTER FOR THE MDS ANNUAL MEETING FOR ATTENDANCE
- For registration rates, follow this LINK
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THESE IMPORTANT ABSTRACT DEADLINES
Monday, January 3, 2022 ~ Abstract submission deadline
Monday, January 31, 2022 ~ Abstract notifications to submitting authors
Monday, February 7, 2022 ~ Authors deadline to decline invitation to present oral abstract presentation
Monday, March 7, 2022 ~ Draft oral abstract presentation due to MDS Office
Download Printable Version of the Abstract Guidelines ~ 2022 MDS Abstract Submission Guidelines