The CARLA SPARKLER RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP, with support from the Medical Dermatology Society, is pleased to announce the inaugural year of the 2020 Research Grant, a new funding initiative as part of our Research Awards Program, the first program of its kind dedicated exclusively to funding medical dermatology research.
The Carla Sparker Research Scholarship will support young investigators traveling to the MDS Annual Meeting to present their scientific work. This scholarship supports small research grants for emerging investigators intended to explore new research concepts, pilot a new experiment or undertake a novel or secondary data analysis.
This is a great opportunity for a resident or medical student selected for an oral presentation at the MDS Annual Meeting. The selected abstracts for oral presentations will be ranked by the MDS Education and Program Committee Members to determine the awardee. The awardee must be the presenting resident or medical student, identified as an author on the abstract.
CARLA SPARKLER RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant must be the presenting author on an abstract submitted to the MDS Annual Meeting
- Applicant must be first or leading author on the abstract which will reflect their scientific contributions
- Authors must clearly define at time of submission, who in the author group should be considered for the award
- This award is for residents and/or medical students only; Faculty members are not eligible to receive this award
- Awardee must be able to attend and present the abstract at the MDS Annual Meeting on Thursday, March 19, 2020
- If the selected resident or medical student cannot commit to present the abstract at the MDS Annual Meeting, the award will go to the next highest ranked abstract
- Author must designate if they want the award split with other resident or medical student authors at the time of submission
- Abstract submission deadline – Is now closed
- The scholarship awardee will be announced in advance of the MDS oral abstract presentations on Thursday, March 19, 2020
CARLA SPARKLER SCHOLARSHIP
2020 Young Investigator Award (YIA).
Recipient will be awarded up to a $2,000 travel grant for the upcoming
MDS Annual Meeting
in Denver, Colorado
on Thursday, March 19, 2020
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ABSTRACTS FOR THE
2020 MDS ANNUAL MEETING
Carla Sparkler is a medical professional dedicated to the advancement of science and helping youth attain their dreams and further their medical professions. She believes in mentoring young people and helping them grow and become leaders and managers.
Carla leads by example and loves helping people who work for her become better people by providing active help and support. Carla is one of the hardest workers you will ever meet and will challenge you to think critically, provide solid arguments, and support a common goal of constant growth. We invite you to meet Carla Sparkler at the 2020 MDS Annual Meeting in Denver, Colorado on Thursday, March 19, 2020.